Keg Route Driver
Job Title: Keg Route Driver
Reports To: Delivery Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Work Hours: 40 hours
Summary: To provide delivery service to the customer for both package and draft routes and to serve in his/her capacity as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Carry a valid and current CDL and Medical Examiner’s Certificate
· Successfully perform a Pre-Trip Inspection prior to leaving the distributorship
· Park vehicle so as not to alienate or interfere with store’s customers
· Deliver product to all assigned retail accounts
· Operate a wheeled hand cart to transport product into stores
· Check in all product with appropriate retail staff
· Remove all damaged or returned product and give appropriate credit
· Count daily truck load with warehouse personnel and verify against route sheet
· Strive aggressively to sell all packages in all accounts
· Complete all sales invoices properly and accurately
· Collect payment and invoices and return with check-in personnel
· Rotate products in the accounts to guarantee product freshness
· Cooperate with all delivery support staff and provide professional and courteous service at all times
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Wear Finley Distributing issued uniforms. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
· Learn the name of all customers and become acquainted with their needs for the Finley product line
· Recognize and identify any problems or opportunities and communicate that information to your immediate supervisor.
· Convey all competitive activities to management immediately
· Assist sales staff by stocking and rotating retail outlet cold shelves, coolers, and warm pallets
· Provide additional merchandising at retail outlet as requested by retailer, e.g., setting up new displays or adding to and rotating displays
· Communicate pertinent information regarding advertising, prices, company and/or brewery programs, sales trends, etc.
· Complete all internal control records, forms, and reports properly and accurately
· Create a favorable public image through proper conduct and neat, well-groomed appearance
· Smoking is not permitted in any Finley Distributing owned vehicle.
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and write so as to communicate with managers and retailers as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work environment involves occasional discomforts which require special safety precautions. Protective clothing, gloves, and shoes may be required. Frequently in and out of all weather conditions which sometimes include heavy rain, extreme heat, and high winds.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Frequently moving, lifting, positioning, installing heavy materials weighing up to 170 pounds at least 90% of the time
· Regularly getting in and out of trucks and vans
· Positioning self to transport or remove kegs from trucks and pallets
· Attendance is required at periodic safety meetings
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to us hands; to converse, and to listen.
· The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically, safely and successfully accomplish the task at hand